Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Untitled and ever-evolving

I promise to love you for the rest of our lives. I may not always like you, but my passion will be unending.

I will support you in all that you do, and offer my advice when the road becomes rocky and questionable. I trust you will do the same for me.

I will deal with your crazy if you put up with mine.

I will argue with you, of that there is no doubt. I will also be independent and opinionated, but you should know through all of this that I will never value you any less, and that I trust you to rescue me when I need it - even if I won't admit it.

I will tie your tie whenever you ask me, even though you've since learned to do it, and kiss you while I straighten the knot. You'll claim it's good luck and then I'll tell you that you're ridiculous, but inside I'll love it every single time.

I will carry our children with love and pride.  We will teach them to talk with the music we love.  We'll show them how to tie their shoes with the story of the bunny that goes around the tree and into his burrow. I will force them to eat broccoli while you teach them to feed it to the dog.  We will have family debates over homework and other activities, but in the end it will all be worth it when they achieve their dreams.

I will grow old with you. We'll buy an RV once we've retired and we'll travel to every state. We'll take the grandkids during the summer. I'll become senile and forgetful (I already am), and you'll become my sanity and memory - or maybe it'll be the other way around. In any case, until my last breath, you will be my rock, my standpoint, my counterweight, and my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment